Wade Guyton – Das New Yorker Atelier
In the last two years, Wade Guyton has created a compelling new series of artworks, which this publication presents in all its scope and complexity. In this series, he opens his art to new modes of visual depiction as well as the world around him by adopting the practices of taking snapshots and screen captures common to our increasingly digital experience. With it, he follows the rapid extension and ramification of the digital code into all areas of life, through recording the daily reading of the newspaper, the view from his window, the act of reflecting on his paintings and sculptures, as well as a view into their magnified digital matrix.
- Edited byMuseum Brandhorst, Bayerische Staatsgemäldesammlungen, Munich
- With contributions fromJohanna Burton, Achim Hochdörfer in an interview with Wade Guyton
- PublisherVerlag der Buchhandlung Walther König, Cologne
- Format32, 3 x 29,5 cm
- Book format356 Pages | 249 Illustrations
- DesignEric Wrenn Office Inc.
- LanguageGerman & English
- ISBN-No.978-3-9609-8075-9 (DE/EN)
- Price35 Euro at the museum