#MBMeet The Artist | Instagram Live: Mark Leckey
- Time of day6:00 PM until 6:30 PM
- Duration30 minutes
- RegistrationThe talk will be online on our Instagram channel @museumbrandhorst.
Museum Brandhorst launches a new series of conversations between curators and artists. Free and accessible to all via the Museum’s Instagram channel, the conversations offer a rare and intimate opportunity for the public to hear casual conversations between artists and curators:#MBMeetTheArtist. Topics range from the artists past works, upcoming projects, and how they have continued working during the radically changed circumstances of the global pandemic. The public also has an opportunity to engage and ask questions. These casual and easygoing conversations are offered to engage the public with some of the key artists in the Museum’s collection, and also provide an opportunity that so many of us have missed during the past year: to catch up with friends.
On April 13th, chief curator Patrizia Dander will be joined by artist Mark Leckey for the first conversation. Leckey’s work encompasses sculpture, performance, video, and music. Throughout, he focuses special attention on the combination of personal history and technological change embodied in popular culture. Leckey’s installation "UniAddDumThs" (2014-) is a major new addition to the Museum Brandhorst collection.
How to join the Instagram Live #MBMeetTheArtist
1. You need an Instagram account to follow @museumbrandhorst.
2. Access the live conversation on your mobile phone by clicking on the story icon on our account.
3. Afterwards you can rewatch our Instagram Live for 7 days via IGTV @museumbrandhorst.
More information can be found on Instagram.